Thursday, July 22

Life straws

There are people in the world that would give their eye teeth for a tiny bit of our clean wasted water. I was looking at a website the other day where children were drinking through something called "Life Straws" out of a body of murky surface water to get a drink. It made me shudder. It uses a process involving a pre-filter, an iodine layer and a granulated active carbon layer all wrapped up in a fat straw. Don't get me wrong, it's a blessing they have them, but can you imagine that being your main source of drinking water? I also saw that people in the states are ordering them for back woods use, but a caution was given in regards to Giardia lamblia infection (beaver fever) which is resistant to iodine.

Have A Waterful Day!! I welcome your comments

2 comments:

Haddock said...

We seldom see the dark side of life.
The fact that we (or most of us) are blessed with abundant supply of clean water makes us blind to the fact that there are many who have to trudge miles for a pot of clean water.

J Trout said...

Yes I know it's sad how we just don't look outside of our little world to see the rest...